Industrial Sewing Machinist
We are currently looking for an Industrial Sewing Machinist to join our sister company Stuart Canvas a growing and highly successful, established company and become part of our busy manufacturing team. The role involves interpretation of drawings and templates, marking out, cutting, and then sewing various types of materials mainly heavy fabrics, PVC, and Canvas using an industrial sewing machine to produce a range of covers, panels, and sheets. The ideal candidate will be familiar operating both single and double stitch machines in a similar role and have experience of working with heavy fabrics or leather.
The role is based in Warrington on 39-hour week, Monday to Friday with the opportunity for overtime when needed. We would also consider applications from individuals who have the relevant experience but may only want to work part time hours.
Your main duties but not exclusive duties will be:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reading and interpretation of drawings and templates.
- Marking, cutting, and sewing heavy fabrics.
- Use of an Industrial Sewing Machine.
- Quality control of finished products.
- You may also be required to carry out any other duties as and when the company shall require.
We are looking for:
- Recent and relevant industrial sewing machines experience.
- Knowledge and experience of working with heavy fabrics.
- Able to work from simple drawings and templates.
- Good eye for detail.
- Good at problem solving and identifying faults.
- Team player, working in a small team dynamic.
What We Can Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Personal Development
If this role interests you, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org